JTBB Small Band – Akwesanse Casino October 2016
Join The Joey Thomas Big Band at Proctors as we bring in the New Year with a celebratory night of big band music for all ages from the classics to today and a major stop to party with the tunes of the great horn bands of the 60s and 70s!
Take yourself out for an evening of light fare (with cash bar) and dancing complete with champagne at Midnight!
Reservations can be made online by clicking here or calling the Proctors Box Office at (518) 346-6204.
The Joey Thomas Big Band is returning to The State Room!
Over the last century, Frank Sinatra has been the icon of the Great American Songbook with songs of love and master of flirtation, and who else should showcase the sultry side of Sinatra on Valentine’s Day than The Joey Thomas Big Band. On this Valentine’s Day weekend you’ll have two chances to treat your special Valentine to a sumptuous four-course dinner, show, and dancing.
Here’s a sneak peak at the menu:
- First Course: Mozzarella Tomato Napoleon – Balsamic Reduction
- Second Course: Pear and Arugula Salad – Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Entrée (Guest Choice of One):
State Room Surf and Turf (shrimp & filet mignon) | Crab Stuffed Sole | Grilled Polenta and Vegetable Lasagna
- Dessert: Trio of Crème Brule, Chocolate Mousse, & Chocolate Dipped Strawberries (shared), Coffee or Tea
And you know The Joey Thomas Big Band is the best dance band in the area, so come enjoy your Valentine’s Day Dinner with your honey and slide your jib and shim, sham, shimmy!
Treat your sweetie pie to a delightful dinner and show that you won’t find any where else! Reservations are required, so call The State Room at (518) 432-7773.
Joey Thomas and the members of The Joey Thomas Big Band are very saddened to learn of Jay Traynor’s passing. “Jay was the ultimate professional and gave 110%. It was a real pleasure to work with him,” says bandleader Joey Thomas, “Our sincerest sympathies go out to his family.” We cry for him.
Joey and Jay developed the successful “Sinatra Show” for The Joey Thomas Big Band which has become a staple in The Joey Thomas Big Band programming. When The Joey Thomas Big Band did a monthly live radio show from what is now WAMC’s “The Linda” Jay would often join The JTBB. The album, Jay Traynor & The Joey Thomas Big Band, was recorded from several of these shows during 1999.
Here’s a little bit of Jay to remember him by.
Don’t Worry ‘Bout Me
As you may be well aware … The Joey Thomas Big Band has a thing for Frank Sinatra, so we thought we’d let Mr. Sinatra remind us what we celebrate today!
Happy Fourth of July America!
While UAlbany is prepping itself for a spot on the floor of the “Big Dance,” we know that The Joey Thomas Big Band already has a spot on the bandstand for The Saratoga SAVOY’s 10th Anniversary of the Diamond Dance on Friday night … so, the dance floor is YOURS!
Here’s what you need to know:
- You can pay at the door … no need to make reservations
- Where you say? Saratoga Music Hall (474 Broadway Saratoga Springs, NY 12866)
- Need Directions to Saratoga Music Hall? Click here for directions
- Need Dance Demo? Arrive at 7:30 pm Saratoga SAVOY will provide you with a great demo!
- The JTBB hits the bandstand at 8:00 PM
- Admission: $15.00 (Cash/Flurry Discount – $16 others)
- Need more info? Contact Saratoga SAVOY at (518) 587-5132 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Joey Thomas is looking forward to seeing you on the dance floor on Friday night!